Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day One As a Kinky Blogger - Privacy

Okay, this has been an *interesting* process already. I go through the blog set up, no problem. I'm tooling along nicely, adding links to kinky info sites, getting my reading list set up, thinking, "this is EASY. I can do this."Then I go to view my blog and realize I fucked up major early on and didn't notice it. Right there, at the top of my page is the email addy I associated with the blog. And it has my full name. Not just that, the state I live in, just in case, you know, my FULL NAME isn't enough.

Jesus Christ on a bike !!

I had no idea THAT would happen !! So now I have to got to the help forums, and find out wtf to do. And yes, I know I could have deleted it and started a new one, but I'd just spent time adding all those links, and I'm stubborn, and and . . .

The help forum had actual help (nice !) and I managed to fix the issue. But it did require me to THINK before I'd really woken up (drag !).

Which segues into my first blog topic: How out front are you about your kink? If the above had happened to you, would you have panicked like I did? Do you have a lot of kinky friends, or are you so private about your kink, no one knows save for a handful of online kink friends??? What would you do if you were outed?




6 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Kinky. I like your pink colors. The post was very funny, too. I am very private about anything kinky. I'm even a bit nervous about posting on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, sweet. And welcome to my blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question, how out front am I..well honestly I'm very open and honest about my kinks and lifestyle. I don't advertise at work or anything but, I won't lie if someone asks or makes a comment. I'm as open as I can be. As to having kinky friends most of my friends are lifestyle. I don't seem to have many normal friends anymore and I think that is due to not relating to them well. Its even hard to relate to most of my lifestyle friends as a switch, and even harder in relationships. I have no fear of being outed. I would honestly acknowledge it and shrug it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Impish. I could not imagine that. I have friends and family that could not handle the information.

    I think part of it is that I am in business in a small town in the middle of the Bible Belt.

    I treasure my friends who can handle my kink, and the ones who I have met online who have become part of my BDSM "family" as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When your family already has written you off kinky, you tend not to care. Mostly I don't care what people think anymore, at least those people. Course given my background and mindset right now. I don't know it I care about anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete